Instructors Wanted: Woodworking and Furniture Classes
MSF seeks to assemble a small team of professionals who want input on woodworking and furniture making curriculum development and can mentor students into mastery. We have opportunities in our Professional Training series as well as our Project & Skills Workshops.
These are part time contractor positions. We’d like instructors for our Professional Training series to be available to teach for a minimum of 1 week per 12-week session, and preferably more. Instructors for Project & Skills Workshops generally teach an entire class – fully designed by them – that ranges from 1-10 days in length.
Please contact our Executive Director, Lisa Nichols, at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss possibilities. We’d appreciate it if you would submit the following with your initial email:
- An updated resume or CV with full contact information and showing your training, shop experience, and teaching experience as it relates to woodworking and furniture making. A list of any awards, publications, and shows would also be helpful.
- Your website address or other internet location that describes your current business and/or shows your woodworking and furniture portfolio. If no portfolio images are available online, please attach a few to the email you send to us.
- Your general availability.
- Please reference our Topics and Skills list on the Professional Training page and let us know in which areas you have specific expertise and desire to teach (such as carving, turning, furniture design, etc.).
For instructors interested in teaching in our Projects & Skills Workshops, please also include a course proposal containing:
- The title of the class you propose to teach – preference will be given to woodworking and furniture making.
- A brief description of the class, including the number of days needed.
- The class objectives and a list of benefits to the student.
- Any student prerequisites.
- Any special shop requirements.
- Any materials list.
- Any other relevant information you’d like to share with us.
A sense of humor is also required – so somewhere in your response, show us that you have one. We work hard – but we have fun doing it and only want instructors eager for a great adventure and who have the chops to deliver A+ teaching.
Your questions are also welcome. All information will be treated as confidential. MSF will respond to all inquiries that contain the above referenced information.
We look forward to hearing from you and working together to create outstanding student experiences
through the delivery of our premier woodworking and furniture making training programs!