Terms, Conditions, and Policies
Masterpiece School of Furniture (MSF) Terms, Conditions, and Policies
By enrolling in a MSF course or mentorship, or attending open shop time, students agree to the following:
Right to Refuse:
MSF has the right to refuse class enrollment or other services to any person for any reason.
To enroll in a mentorship, live class or attend open shop time, the student must be 18 years of age or older or receive special permission from a parent or guardian along with authorization from MSF administration.
When enrolling in any MSF mentorship or class, you agree that you have read the course descriptions, have met all prerequisites, and agree with and will honor all policies.
Students taking MSF Professional Training must register 30 days or more in advance of the class. We request registrations for Projects and Sills Workshops 7 days or more in advance of the class start date but will consider registrations up to the class start date. Registration forms must be accompanied by payment to be considered. A student is not formally enrolled until they have submitted a fully completed registration form with tuition payment, and have been accepted by MSF. If you wish to enroll and have missed our registration deadline, please contact us at email@example.com for consideration.
Payment Terms & Plans:
The Projects and Skills Mentorships/Workshops tuitions must be paid in full at the time of registration – no payment plan is offered.
Students in our Professional Training courses:
- Students who are registering more than 30 days in advance may hold their seat in class by submitting a completed registration form and including a $500 non-refundable deposit. 100% of the deposit is credited towards the balance of the tuition due. The balance of the tuition is due 30 days in advance of the class.
- Students may choose to pay full tuition when registering for class and must include a $50 nonrefundable registration fee with their tuition payment and registration form.
- Students who are paying by credit card may choose to pay tuition using the MSF installment plan. The first installment is due 30 days or more in advance of the class and must be accompanied by a completed registration form, a non-refundable $50 registration fee and a non-refundable $75 feel for administration of the installment plan. Payments are made via two installments per quarter according to a schedule provided to the student by MSF. Students on the installment plan must sign a Auto Pay credit card authorization form that allows MSF to automatically charge their credit card for the remaining installments when they are due.
MSF accepts most credit cards, personal checks, PayPal, and cash.
MSF does not offer Skills Assessment for Projects & Skills Workshops.
In order to enter our Professional Training course at the Intermediate or Master-Level without having taken the previous prerequisite class, students must have the appropriate experience and skill. Many times, this can be determined during a brief, informal phone conversation with an instructor who will then permit the enrollment. There is no charge for this determination. However, the instructor may need to do a more in-depth assessment of the student’s competency and, subsequently, ask the student to submit to a Skills Assessment. The Skills Assessment allows MSF to review the student’s experiential resume and training history – both of which they will be asked to provide in writing. We’ll also take a look at photos representing the student’s portfolio of projects. There is a $100 fee for the Assessment. The Assessment fee is then credited in full towards the tuition for one Professional Course taken within 12 months of the Assessment. This means that there is no cost for the Assessment if the student enrolls within a year, and there is a $100 cost if they do not enroll within that time frame.
Certifications & Class Completion Requirements:
Those students who successfully complete a class will receive either a Certificate of Attendance (for Project & Skills Workshops) or a Certificate of Achievement (for Professional Training Series – for the 3-month, 6-month, or 9-month program). In order to successfully complete any class, you must be in attendance for the entire class time period and complete all requirements as outlined by the instructor. Some attendance requirements can be satisfied with private tutorial options. Classes are not considered complete until the student has submitted a class evaluation form (which will be provided). Certificates will be issued by postal mail within 30 days of when the class has been successfully completed.
MSF will supply additional copies of Certificates upon written request and payment of a $20 administration fee, per request.
At the end of each Professional Training series and Projects & Skills Workshop, feedback is solicited from students and instructors, which allows refinement of curriculum and administration. Completing a feedback form is a requirement for successful completion of our classes.
Students wishing a Certificate at the end of class must have 100% attendance, or make up missed classes via a Paid Private or Shared Tutorial. If a student misses class without making it up via a tutorial, their continuance in the class is at the discretion of the instructor. We do not allow students to attend the Professional Training on a drop-in basis – they must enroll in and attend their entire program (Basic is the 3-month program, Intermediate is the 6-month program, and Master-Level is the 9-month program).
Students of the Professional Training series (Basic, Intermediate, Master-Level) may enroll again in any level they have successfully completed in order to deepen their mastery. Auditing is available on a space available basis for 50% of the standard tuition. Auditing students do not receive a second Certificate of Accomplishment. Please note that auditing (for a reduced fee) is not available for individual Project & Skills Workshops.
MSF does not provide housing for students. We do have a list of commercial hotels near the school that have agreed to offer our students a reduced rate. Once a student’s registration has been accepted, the accommodation list will be emailed to the student. MSF does not guarantee rates on our accommodation list. We recommend that students also consider renting a room in a private house close by. Students may find availability information in the local newspapers or on craigslist.
Video & Audio Recording of Classes, and Photography
Students may not video record classes, but they may audio record lectures if they wish, with the understanding that the recording is for their private use only and may not be shared with others. Students are welcome to take photographs of their own projects, and other students’ projects as long as they have permission to do so.
MSF may create audio or video recordings of any class, and photograph students and projects – please read the Permissions and Releases section of our policies for more information.
Drop & Refund Policies for Classes
For Professional Training Classes
- If you choose to register with a $500 deposit (30 or more days in advance of the class), please note that it is non-refundable.
- f you drop a class 30 days or more in advance of the program* start date, MSF will retain 20% of your tuition and refund the balance, minus any non-refundable deposit and fees.
- If you drop a class 14-30 days in advance of the program* start date, MSF will retain 50% of any paid tuition, minus any non-refundable deposit and fees.
- There are no refunds given when dropping within 14 days of the program* start date.
- To drop a class, you must notify us in writing and the drop date will be the date the notification is received by MSF.
- If MSF cancels a class for any reason before the start date of the class, we will refund the student’s entire paid tuition and all fees paid to MSF for the class. If MSF cancels a class in progress, students will receive a refund for a prorated portion of their tuition plus any administrative fees they may have paid.
- All refunds will be in the form of a check and will be processed by MSF within 30 days of your drop notification or MSF’s cancellation date.
* MSF offers 3-month, 6-month, and 9-month programs.
For Project & Skills Mentorship/Classes
- If you drop a mentorship or class 8 or more days prior to the class start date, MSF will retain 50% of your paid tuition and refund the remainder minus any non-refundable fees.
- There are no refunds when cancellation is made within 7 days of the first day of a Projects & Skills Mentorship/Workshop. However, at MSF’s discretion, we may transfer your enrollment to another, future, date/class.
- To drop a mentorship/class, you must notify us in writing and the drop date will be the date the notification is received by MSF (so if the notice is received within 7 days of the start date, no refund will be issued).
- If MSF cancels a mentorship or class for any reason before the start date, we will refund the student’s entire paid tuition and all administrative and materials fees. If MSF cancels a mentorship or class in progress, students will receive a refund for a prorated portion of their tuition, plus a refund of registration fees, but will not receive a refund of materials fees.
- All refunds will be in the form of the original payment or by check, at MSF’s discretion, and will be processed or mailed by MSF within 30 days of the student’s drop notification or MSF’s cancellation date.
MSF strives to maintain a positive learning environment for students. If you have a complaint, please discuss the issue with your instructor, or submit a description of the problem to Administration in writing. You are welcome to submit your critique anonymously, if you wish. Please note that each class includes a feedback process at the end of the course and your comments are welcome there as well.
Diversity Statement & Students with Disabilities
MSF endeavors to design programs, including course content and policies, in a manner that respects cultural, individual, and role differences as well as addresses issues of diversity including those based on age, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status. In addition, we take steps to make all our programs accessible to individuals with disabilities when possible and as long as their safety and the safety of other students and instructors is never compromised.
MSF class design and any unique content and supplementary material presented during classes, are the sole, copyrighted property of MSF and any instructor that authored or co-authored the class.
Expenses for Classes:
All student accommodations, food, miscellaneous, and travel expenses are the student’s responsibility. Some classes require a materials fee in addition to the tuition and these are payable at the time of registration if MSF is supplying the materials.
Permissions and Releases:
By enrolling in any MSF mentorship or class, you grant CEO James Bowie, and the Masterpiece School of Furniture the right and permission to edit, publish, distribute, sell, and otherwise use any visual/audio images and recordings of you, or written comments you’ve authored, without prior inspection or notice to you. Recordings may include group discussions or projects in which you may have participated. This permission will be in effect indefinitely. You waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of these visual/audio images and recordings, or written comments.
By enrolling in any MSF class, you agree to become part of the MSF database. Our database is never sold or shared with 3rd parties and is used exclusively to make our audience aware of MSF events and opportunities. We send out email alerts approximately 8-12 times per year. You may request to be removed from our database by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit Card Information:
Your credit card information is transmitted using secure methods and, other than for transactional history purposes, is not stored by MSF unless you have authorized us to use the Autopay service on your behalf.
Change in Policies:
MSF has the right to modify any of its policies, at any time, without advance notice.
For More Information:
Contact Masterpiece School of Furniture 425 5th Street, Marysville, CA 95901 tel: 530-329-2478. Email: email@example.com.